Senior Staff Attorneys -- for prominent global law firm in Washington, DC.
This position is responsible for supervising teams of contract attorney document reviewers working on large litigation and regulatory matters in the discovery phase.
This includes making sure the team is meeting quality and output expectations and facilitating communication between the review team and the associates and partners on the cases. This position is also responsible for conducting document review and analysis work when not engaged with management/supervisory duties.
• MUST HAVE 3+ years of document review supervisory (such as vendor PM) and/or coordination experience in an AMLAW 100 or 200 law firm setting working on large litigation, regulatory, or investigation matters.
• Must be an active/current member of the DC Bar
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project coordination/management skills required
• Proficiency with several document review systems required
• Ability to work under pressure and a willingness to work additional hours and help others with deadline intensive projects is required.
Salary plus paid OT after 40 hours, generous employee benefits offered.
Experienced Conflicts Attorney -- For top tier law firm in Washington, DC. Duties include: Initiating the conflict clearance process for all new engagements in response to new client/matter requests from partners; actively consulting with and following-up with responsible partners handling new engagements regarding conflicts clearance; researching print and electronic resources to identify and resolve potential conflicts; resolving conflicts and documenting the conflict clearance process; initiating and documenting needed client waivers; performing conflicts clearance related to new professional hires; implementing and maintaining ethical walls and screens by obtaining timekeeper information; maintaining the conflicts database with appropriate information about firm clients and matters, client subsidiaries and affiliates, related parties, etc. Entering information obtained during the conflicts clearance process in the conflicts database documenting the resolution of conflicts and any waivers, where necessary.
Law degree from an accredited law school is required
Active DC Bar membership is required
Experience working with the Rules of Professional Conduct
Familiarity with modern business organizational/governance/ownership models, structures and interrelationships
Excellent analytical skills
Strong written and interpersonal communications skills
Familiarity with automated conflict of interest clearance workflow procedures and systems as found in AmLaw 100 and 200 law firms is preferred
Excellent business research abilities using various online databases and print resources
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Staff Attorneys - For very busy and highly regarded global law firm in DC.
**The Staff Attorney will work on teams involved in document review and production projects. Candidates must be currently DC barred and have strong document review experience including QC and priv experience.
• JD from an accredited US law school
• Current good standing with the DC Bar - required
• Document review experience working on large litigation, investigation, or arbitration matters• Solid working knowledge of document review projects' purpose and typical work-flows
• Thorough understanding of the rules and application of attorney-client and work product privilege
• Significant experience with on-line document review systems such as Relativity, Documatrix, FTI's Ringtail, or similar
Flexibility to work overtime as necessary.
Salary 80k plus paid OT and benefits.