IT Related Opportunities
**If you are interested in any of the opportunities listed below - or any other position in a law firm please contact Geri Moreland to discuss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager, Network Services – for prominent global law firm in Washington, DC. This hands on position is responsible for leading tech support teams. The Manager will oversee the firm’s user facing and back-end systems, and act as primary escalation point regarding complex IT issues within the technology infrastructure firm wide. Duties for this position include: Supervising network engineering and administration teams, as well as more junior IT managers firm wide, managing technology infrastructure projects, managing daily departmental activities and facilitating resolution of technical issues, ensuring daily operational integrity of firm wide network services. Position Requirements: 10 – 15 years of hands on technical experience with a broad array of business computing technologies, Candidate must have ability to manage medium sized, complex information systems and technical personnel, superior interpersonal and written communications skills, strong follow through and attention to detail, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems required, Cisco CCNP required, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer required, VMWare Certification preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience.
IP Technology Coordinator for prominent law firm in Washington, DC. This position is responsible for supporting and providing technical assistance to the Intellectual Property practice group. Duties include configuration, upgrade, implementation, and maintenance of current firm IP technology. Responsibilities: Installation, configuration and upgrade of IP software. Troubleshoot software performance issues; review/test business systems and programs before implementation; Provide user-level technical support; track outstanding IQ Track support requests; assist with analyzing business, user and client needs; coordinate creation and updates to workflows, new terms, new diary fields, reports, etc. and update/maintain diary matrix, Blue Horse, etc.; coordinate creation of SQL queries for custom reporting, system integration, data migration and automated database functions; coordinate development and deployment of Microsoft Reporting Services Reports (SSRS); provide technical support for SSRS business applications; support client-access portals, working with Technology Support in assigning access codes and granting access to data; assist with the development of operational manuals and training materials related to all IP technology processes; functions as go-to person for Technology Services and outside vendors regarding requirements and use of practice-specific technology, including the Patricia implementation. Position Requirements: B.A/B.S degree preferred; must have at least 5 years hands-on experience supporting IP technology infrastructure and experience with patent and trademark terminology, proficiency with PATRICIA docketing databases or other similar a must, strong interpersonal communications skills a must, proven problem-solving skills and good judgment under pressure required,. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Senior Systems Analyst – HRIS – for prominent global law firm in Washington, DC. This position will work closely with the Human Resources team regarding HRIS technology and is part of the Financial Systems, Reporting and Analysis Group. Ideal candidate has a strong HR technical background with skills in report writing and creating custom reports. Candidate will be a technical point of contact and will assist subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. Responsibilities for this position include:
• Functioning as HR business analyst and subject-matter expert on projects; work with functional users to understand, define, and document requirements and processes; prepare system requirements and specifications, keeping the best interests of the firm and HR system structure in mind
• Testing functionality, performance and usability during system upgrades and patches; create test scenarios for end-users to confirm all processes work accordingly to predetermined goals
• Recommend new HRIS strategies to better support firm management and executive level decision-making; perform fit/gap analysis as required
• Provide technical support and conduct data integrity analysis for annual HR related activities such as benefits open enrollment periods and annual performance evaluations; handle various imports and exports as required
• Design, develop, and generate reports and statistical summaries related to employee skills, compensation data and other employee related information; assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer and vendor needs
• Generate reports needed to respond to compensation, benefits, diversity and other general law firm surveys as well as annual EEO-1 report and affirmative action surveys.
• Develop system administration documentation; prepare user-level system guidelines/documentation; train users on new processes/functionality
Position Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required, 7+ years HR system administration/support experience required; experience maintaining system and business functions in complex and global environments, understanding of HR business processes and how to maximize use of HRIS technology, technical/programming skills required; proficiency with MS Access, Transact-SQL, Cognos, Crystal Reports or other report writing software required, understanding of HR System database design including table structures, business rules, functions, and processes; experience with database tools, proven success managing technology projects with responsibility for project planning, requirements gathering, change management, business process change, and delivery coordination, proven success working with large amounts of data, ensuring data integrity throughout the system and any associated data feeds from other sources; demonstrated ability to handle confidential information, strong interpersonal and written communication skills required. Salary is commensurate with experience.