Current IP, Legislative & Paralegal Opportunities
**If you are interested in any of the opportunities listed below - or any other position in a law firm please contact Geri Moreland to discuss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Assistants - for prominent law firm. Hiring candidates Washington, DC, New York city, and Boston offices. Entry level 48k.
Ideal candidate is a recent grad with an interest in law school or a paralegal career and willing to make a two year commitment to the position. GPA 3.75 required. This position is not remote and will report to the office in DC.
- Drafts, analyzes, and prepares legal documents for a supervising lawyer or supervising paralegal .
- Coordinates legal projects and communicates legal information for a supervising lawyer or supervising paralegal.
- Prepare draft communications for a supervising lawyer or supervising paralegal.
- Collects, evaluates and summarizes relevant facts and legal concepts for a supervising lawyer or supervising paralegal.
- Attends client meetings, coordination meetings, and legal proceedings with a supervising lawyer or supervising paralegal.
- Provides legal project management for a legal matter for a supervising lawyer or supervising paralegal.
- Maintains notary license in local jurisdiction.
- Follows all supervising lawyer or supervising paralegal instructions.
Bachelor's Degree or Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved program required.
- Strong interpersonal/verbal/written communication skills.
- Understanding of legal processes and practice-group specific procedures.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational/time management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced, and at times, stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
International Trade Economic Analyst - For prominent law firm in Washington, DC.
This position provides economic and quantitative analysis to Trade Regulation and Litigation lawyers and staff and reports to the Director of Litigation Support.
Assist in responding to Department of Commerce and International Trade Commission questionnaires in trade remedy proceedings and related matters.
Assist in preparing clients for Department of Commerce verifications in trade remedy proceedings.
Conduct economic research and analyses in support of trade remedy, trade policy, and litigation matters.
Provide financial and cost accounting support on matters involving complex client financial information in the trade regulation and compliance contexts.
As needed, provide financial and statistical analysis. Advice and problem-solve with, and for Firm lawyers using Excel, and other common software for the preparation of complex quantitative litigation settlement analyses and presentations.
Assist in the preparation of case budgets and litigation risk/reward analyses.
Help identify/evaluate and work with experts who can supplement in-house services in the area.
Undergraduate degree and related work experience in economics, finance, trade regulation, international trade, or statistics required. A graduate degree in a related area or JD is preferred. At least 5 years work experience in the area for either an economic services or consulting firm, or the Department of Commerce or International Trade Commission. Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications, and at least one common relational database software tool. Competency with specialized statistical analysis software applications is a plus. Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills. Thrives in deadline driven environment. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Patent Law Clerk - Life Sciences - for global law firm in Washington, DC.
This position works closely with and received patent law training by a supervising lawyer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Preparing and filing new patent applications and other patent prosecution documents.
Conducting client technology and patent portfolio assessments.
Supporting business development.
Managing large domestic and foreign dockets.
Ph.D. and significant graduate level experience.
Broad training in the biological sciences are sought, with expertise in plant biology, biochemistry, genetics, chemistry, microbiology, entomology, immunology or chemical engineering highly preferred.
Research experience or training in RNA silencing, genome editing, nucleic acids chemistry, microbiomes, quantitative genetics, process and reactor design, separation technologies, thermodynamics and kinetics is desirable.
Excellent academic credentials and references.
Law school or prior legal training or enrollment in law school is not required.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Strong problem solving skills.
Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively working in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting strong attention to detail.
Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include tuition reimbursement program when applicable.