Human Resources Specialist - for prominent law firm in Washington, DC. This position works closely with HR manager and Coordinator and supports/maintains the HRIS. Candidate will be the technical point of contact for functional HRIS and maintain data integrity and report writing responsibilities. This position also assists with recruitment/onboarding of new hires, plans employee events, and assists with annual performance evaluation process.
Some of the duties for this position: Maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate HRIS reporting tools, assist in development of standard reports, responds to ad hoc requests for data and/or reports; validating results to ensure consistency and accuracy of data, fulfills requests for RFP's, RFI's, client surveys and published surveys, conducts affirmative action plan reporting and data analysis, benefits reporting including census reports, audit reports, non-discrimination testing and other benefit reports and reconciliation as required, assists with processing new hires and terminations in the HRIS.
Position Requirements: Bachelor's Degree required, strong academic record, functional knowledge of HR operations and processes, advanced skills with MS Office applications; specifically Excel, experience downloading and manipulating data, set formulas and format reports, proven analytical skills to perform data quality checks and develop metrics, strong customer service orientation. Salary is commensurate with experience.
HR Manager – for prominent global law firm in DC. This position is responsible for providing broad generalist human resource management support and is an integral operations role as a member of the firm wide human resources team. Duties for this position include:
· Collaborates in operational management of HR activities including implementation of firm policies and procedures, EEO compliance, compensation and benefits administration, recruiting/hiring/orientation process, training programs, evaluation process, terminations, human resources management system and administration of employment information and records
· Manages staff annual evaluation process
· Supports the compensation review process for staff and attorneys
· Assist in the handling employee complaints and/or grievances and determination of appropriate disciplinary actions. Coordinates with HR director and CHRO regarding employee relations matters
· Help ensure legal compliance in all areas including EEO regulations, Title VII, FMLA, ADA, FSLA, HIPPA, Workers Compensation, labor law postings and other Federal and local laws and statutes
· Works with the staff recruiting function; assisting with staff candidate screening, interviewing, and selection
· Management, training and oversight of social media screening process on prospective hires
· Management and development of the firm’s electronic employee files system
· Oversight and development of the firm’s e-training platform and local, mandatory training
· Supervises two administrative direct reports
Bachelor’s degree required (Human Resource Management or related field ideal), PHR and/or SPHR preferred, prior experience in a law firm or professional services firm preferred, superior interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, at least 3 years of prior experience in an HR Generalist role, prior supervisory experience, strong MSOffice proficiency required. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Senior Legal Recruiting Coordinator – For prominent global firm with large and respected lawyer recruitment program. This position is mainly responsible for coordination of the Summer Associate Program. Candidate will work closely with the Summer Associate Program Committee and will coordinate social events and the assignments process. This position is also responsible for drafting the annual Summer Program budget and working with the Manager to track summer spending against the approved budget.
Some other duties include:
• Coordinating the on-campus interview program (OCI) and callback interview process including law school registration and other OCI-related logistics, staffing of firm hospitality suites, scheduling callback interviews, “second-look” visits and post-offer recruiting events. Working closely with school relationship managers regarding year-round recruiting initiatives on various law school campuses.
• Working closely with the Legal Recruitment Manager regarding lateral associate hiring. Preparing weekly reports for the lateral hiring partners and Management Committee Liaison summarizing the lateral recruiting pipeline.
Bachelor’s degree required
At least 3 years of legal recruiting experience in a law firm required
Excellent attention to detail and strong interpersonal and written communication skills
MS Office fluency
Prior experience with viRecruit or another Legal Recruitment database preferred.
Flexibility/availability for OT during peak seasons.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Senior Benefits Assistant - for top tier law firm in Washington, DC. This position is responsible for assisting with day to day administration of benefits programs. Candidate will provide information to attorneys and staff responding to benefits inquiries as well as interact with vendors regarding interpretation of plan provisions. Duties include: performing Benefits Orientation for Associate & Counsel attorneys and back-up for staff orientation; process vendor billing and payments; monitor Flexible Spending Account; manage Parental Leave processing and Workers Compensation claim filing process; prepare annual summary reports; handle COBRA & Retiree Billing administrative process including collection and processing monthly COBRA premium remittance; monitor HSA Account administration; manage Cash Balance Plan distribution processes; interact with personnel on all levels of benefits issues; assist with administration of 401k loans; counsel employees on loan application protocol and submit complete loans for approval; update benefits intranet; assist with Benefits Open Enrollment. Position Requirements: 2+ years benefits administration experience (or HR experience with strong interest in benefits), Bachelor's degree, prior Law firm HR experience desired. Salary commensurate with experience.
Talent Development Assistant - for law firm in Washington, DC. This position is responsible for supporting the Attorney Recruiting, Career Counseling, Diversity & Inclusion, Legal Personnel, and Professional Development teams with administrative duties. Some of the responsibilities for this position include: processing/maintaining applications for summer associate and lateral associate candidates in HRIS candidate database; administrative support for on-campus interviews, callback interviews and offer processes for summer associate candidates; provide support for summer associate program orientation, assignment, evaluation and events; administrative support for professional development and career counseling programming, as well as for Diversity & Inclusion programming, meetings and events. Other duties - process and track department expenses and invoices; manage calendars, travel and process expenses; update departmental information on the Firm’s intranet site; and other duties as assigned. Position Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, at least 2 years of administrative support experience in professional services, or law firm required, proficiency in Microsoft Office, proficiency in HTML preferred. Strong project management skills required and strong attention to detail. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, multitasking ability, time management skills, flexibility or OT as necessary to attend Talent Development related events. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Senior Systems Analyst (WORKDAY) – for prominent global firm in Washington, DC. This position is responsible for support/maintenance of Workday, the HRIS system. Candidate will be the technical lead regarding providing application support for software utilized by HR and Payroll departments. Duties for this position include: Software/Application Support, Customer Service/Production Support; such as back-office and end-user support, Reporting, Data Integrity/Management, and Process Improvement. Position Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, or IT related concentration required, 2+ years in similar position, proficiency with Workday required, strong interpersonal and written communication skills, analytic and problem solving skills, ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information. Salary is commensurate with experience.