Director of Wellness - for top tier, global firm in Washington, DC. This position will lead the design, and development of health and wellness initiatives, and policies to advance the culture of health and wellness firm-wide. The Director will develop strategies, identify needs, establish goals and priorities, develop programs and interventions, increase engagement, and provide ongoing education. The Director is a trusted advisor to the Mental Health & Wellness Committee leadership regarding health and well-being and functions as a liaison for those seeking assistance with personal life event challenges, connecting them to Firm resources.
Duties for this position:
Develop policies/programs/initiatives for holistic wellness and health programs.
Plans/implements classes, speakers, seminars, personal training, and self-assessments promoting healthy lifestyles.
Evaluates and compiles statistical summaries of participant data, and class attendance to ensure proper detailed program evaluation.
Provides educational presentations and training programs.
Manages vendor third-party providers with working partnerships while managing service deliverables and measuring performance.
Collaborates with HR, Legal Recruiting, Professional Development, Diversity & Inclusion, legal counsel, and senior leadership on the value and design of new or changing wellness benefits programs.
Anticipates future trends in wellness for lawyers and staff.
Undertakes continuous local and international benchmarking to achieve “Best-in-Class” program status.
Manages enhancement of systems and tools to support program execution.
Understands standard employee benefit offerings as well as benefit and wellbeing compliance obligations.
Some travel may be necessary to support local issues.
Bachelor’s degree required, degree in HR or similar degree ideal.
HR, training, Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or other relevant industry qualification(s) strongly preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of mental health and wellness related work experience.
Ability to manage and accomplish work via a regionally dispersed team.
Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
Professional services or law firm experience preferred.
Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
Diversity & Inclusion Manager - for prominent global law firm in Washington, DC. This position is responsible managing D&I programs supporting D&I strategic action plan.
This position will define and drive the implementation of the D&I internal and external communications efforts, to focus on reinforcing and progressing the firm's inclusive culture. This position is also responsible for managing programs supporting the firm’s inclusive culture to include firmwide D&I and affinity group events, training/learning experiences.
The position will work closely with the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDIO), D&I Co-chairs, D&I Standing Committee, D&I Director, Affinity Group leaders, as well as other key stakeholders including leaders in the Marketing and Business Development department.
· Serves as the key content writer for the D&I Department and advises on style, grammar, and usage. Contributes to processes and tools for ensuring all written material is error-free and adheres to firm style and brand.
· Collaborates in defining D&I programs/initiatives supporting D&I strategy and goals
· Develops program objectives, scope, content, format, etc. to include training/learning, affinity group events and other efforts
· Develops work plans and key milestones and manage overall implementation of programs
· Leads the development and delivery of internal/external corporate messaging and key talking points for D&I programs and initiatives
· In collaboration with Communications team, manages the delivery of D&I communications across firm’s preferred internal and external communications channels, and social media
· Conducts regular research, surveys and interviews with lawyers, advisors and staff to inform and evolve positioning, key messaging and content development
· Manages external vendors as needed to deliver on program activities and collateral.
· Bachelor’s degree; MBA or master’s degree a strong plus.
· Exceptional written communication skills.
· At least three years of experience administering/managing D&I corporate communications programs.
· Six plus years of internal communications and/or content writing experience, preferably in a professional services, law firm or corporate environment.
· Strong experience in digital media, i.e. web/intranet, social media, podcasts, blogs, etc., and digital platforms, i.e. Twitter, LinkedIn
· Strong project management and organizational skills.
· Proven ability to multitask and prioritize work efficiently and effectively
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Director - for prominent global law firm in Washington, DC.
Responsibilities will focus on attracting/retaining talent, raising firm profile, and developing client partnerships.
• Coordinate with recruiting leadership to implement initiatives that attract diverse talent
• Working with professional development team to assist in monitoring development of diverse associates, ensuring appropriate opportunities are created and areas identified for development are addressed.
• Maintain appropriate metrics to measure success in attracting/retaining diverse talent.
• Develop D&I committee programming, firm communications, and training programs by outside consultants and affinity group events.
• Identify key communications about diversity initiatives, such as brochures, newsletters and website content.
• Coordinate with PR team and participate in surveys ensuring appropriate coverage.
• Responsible for the completion of client, industry and bar organization diversity and inclusion surveys; collecting, validating, submitting necessary data.
• Develop, in collaboration with marketing team, value-added programs for clients interested in working on existing or new diversity initiatives.
• Lead and support client initiatives and communications related to diversity and inclusion.
• Create metrics and monitor internal/external data required for frequent statistical analysis on diversity metrics and oversee efforts to improve the efficiency of data compilation .
• Manage D&I operations and administrative activities including expenditures. Prepare/analyze reports, prepare the annual departmental budget in consultation with the Co-chairs of the firm's Diversity Committee.
• Compile, organize, and assess best practice materials and benchmarking tools within law firms and the broader diversity community.
Ideal candidate has at least 10 years of relevant experience in a law firm or professional services environment with significant expertise in gender equity and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
Cross-cultural skills/awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability, among others.
High level of proficiency with data management, analysis, and reporting.
Superior judgment and ability to deal discreetly with confidential information.
Ability to self-direct, manage multiple priorities, analyze needs, and implement solutions.
Strong administrative/organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize long and short-term projects and responsibilities.
Experience with databases and Microsoft Office.
Salary is commensurate with experience
Conflicts Supervisor - for prominent global law firm in Washington, DC. This position reports to the Conflicts Manager. Responsibilities for this position include: Coordinate the work of Conflicts Specialists and Conflicts Research Assistants in two U.S. offices and 1 European office. Prioritize urgent work, special projects, and standard daily work. Provide orientation and training for new Conflicts Research Assistants and Specialists. Supervise staff work schedules, attendance, and time off. Review work, correct mistakes, encourage improved performance, and provide additional training. Assist with collecting productivity and performance metrics for team management. Oversee securities trading compliance database and assist with compliance questions. Participate in special projects such as software testing and implementation, or intake of new lawyer groups or large cases. Run thorough and accurate conflicts searches. Provide concise, accurate, timely reports of conflicts research results to lawyers. Assist with maintenance of the confidential conflicts database.
Bachelor's degree. Must have at least 2 years law firm conflicts research experience. Experience coordinating/supervising business processes/staff. Excellent organizational skills, with ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Experience training staff in complex tasks. Prior experience with automated conflict checking systems, corporate family tree research, and internet research in a law firm. Proficiency with MSWord, Excel, and databases. Ability to work a flexible schedule with occasional overtime as dictated by business needs.