Security Officer - two part-time openings.
The hours are Friday to Saurday 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM, and Saturday to Sunday 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM weekly.
Saturday and Sunday 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
This position is responsible for security services and coverage for the main lobby of a prominent law firm in Washington, DC.
Responsibilities: Monitor lobby entrances; ensure only authorized personnel enter access-controlled areas. Intervene in security-related incidents and issues that arise in the lobby. Notify the firm security desk staff of significant incidents that occur in the lobby. Maintain daily security log during assigned shift. Answer security phone line and use security databases to monitor and control access.
Position Requirements: College Degree from accredited college, or diploma/certification from a law
enforcement academy is desired. Active Special Police Officer (SPO) license, or ability to become SPO licensed. 2+ years of security/law enforcement experience, comparable combination of education and experience. CPR and First Aid certification from a recognized program, or ability to become certified. CPR Certification is required within first year of employment. Prior success as a security officer, completing responsibilities in a professional manner. This firm requires Security Officers to earn an SPO license within their first year of employment. Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment in handling of security-related situations. Basic computer skills, including prior experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Salary commensurate with experience, generous employee benefits offered.
Client Agreements Analyst - HIRING NOW! for prominent global law firm in Washington, DC. Ideal candidate has at least 2 years of law firm conflicts research and analysis experience.
Conflicts research and analysis experience is required, with a preference for someone with “lead” or supervisory experience in a large firm. Outside counsel guidelines (OCG) experience is highly preferred. Experience with InTapp or the Intapp Conflicts Module (or a similar internal software application) is desired.
This position is responsible for evaluating and responding to client use of their own terms of engagement. This position will work closely with the Manager and is a key part of making sure agreements to non-standard terms are consistent, mitigate risk, and reflect the business interests of the firm.
Candidate will advise regarding client requests and terms, coordinate with senior attorneys and senior administrative staff to manage the review, management, and implementation of non-standard terms of engagement.
Some of the duties for this position:
• Review outside counsel guidelines and other client-issued terms and identify potential concerns.
• Advise/educate senior attorneys and stakeholders on firm business policies and practices.
• Respond to outside counsel guidelines and coordinate with attorneys on negotiation of terms.
• Review/respond to due diligence questionnaires and requests for business policy descriptions.
• Maintain/manage outside counsel guidelines database/files.
• Research/analyze and share information with all appropriate stakeholders.
• Work closely with Manager to review current processes and coordinate to establish best practices.
• Required: 2+ years law firm conflicts research and analysis experience.
• Required: Bachelor’s degree. JD from a US-accredited law school is a plus.
• Must be familiar with the Rules of Professional Conduct.
• Must have experience working with engagement letters and outside counsel guidelines.
• Ability to concisely summarize complex concepts verbally and in writing.
• Strong interpersonal skills required to establish close working relationships with firm lawyers and staff.
• Proficiency with MS Office suite required. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Competitive Intelligence Research Specialist – HIRING NOW! For prominent law firm in Washington, DC. This position is responsible for conducting market/competitive intelligence research and supports the client relationship management program and business development efforts with research activities.
Conduct client, industry, market, and competitive intelligence research and analysis in support of pitches, RFPs, and business development/strategic planning initiatives
Analyze research data and news developments and summarize into concise writing and graphic formats
Assist with primary and secondary market research in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives
Assist with preparation of company profiles, bios, news research and corporate transactional, regulatory compliance and litigation reports
Conduct/participate in work product quality review and audits
Bachelor’s degree required. 5+ years of experience conducting business research and competitive analysis, law firm experience ideal, strong writing skills at a professional audience level, prior experience conducting legal analysis and issue spotting, familiarity with news, legal and business information sources and a wide variety of interdisciplinary materials, ability to set priorities, manage projects and adhere to critical deadlines, analytical skills and attention to detail and accuracy, proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint required, Interaction client relationship management software preferred. Prior experience with social media monitoring highly desirable. Salary is commensurate with experience; generous employee benefits offered.