Conflicts Supervisor - for prominent global law firm in Washington, DC. This position coordinates the work of 12 Conflicts Specialists and Conflicts Research Assistants. The supervisor will prioritize urgent work, special projects, and standard daily work. Provide orientation and training for new Conflicts Research Assistants and Specialists. Supervise staff work schedules, attendance, and time off. Review work, correct mistakes, encourage improved performance, and provide additional training. Assist with collecting productivity and performance metrics for team management. Oversee securities trading compliance database and assist with compliance questions. Participate in special projects such as software testing and implementation, or intake of new lawyer groups or large cases. Run thorough and accurate conflicts searches. Provide concise, accurate, timely reports of conflicts research results to lawyers. Assist with maintenance of the confidential conflicts database.
Bachelor's degree. Must have at least 2 years law firm conflicts research experience. Experience coordinating/supervising business processes/staff. Excellent organizational skills, with ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Experience training staff in complex tasks. Prior experience with automated conflict checking systems, corporate family tree research, and internet research in a law firm. Proficiency with MSWord, Excel, and databases. Ability to work a flexible schedule with occasional overtime as dictated by business needs.
Professional Development Assistant - for prominent global law firm in Washington, DC. This position supports the professional development team and will support attorney performance evaluation, professional development processes and trainings, tracking evaluation completion, scheduling meetings, and analyzing data for evaluation processes. Duties for this position include:
• Serve as administrator for continuing legal education database; assist with CLE administration and record-keeping for DC office attorneys
• Back up administrator for attorney evaluation software; updating the database when necessary.
• Assist with lawyer development programs.
• Assist with the mentoring program.
• Makes updates to the Professional Development intranet website.
• Collect and maintain spreadsheet data on associate profiles and associate departures.
• Schedule welcome meetings for incoming associates with Professional Development Managers.
• Process department budget requests.
• Schedules all Professional Development meetings for DC associates.
• Provide general administrative support for the Professional Development Team as needed, including preparing business correspondence and other documents, coordinating meetings and travel, etc.
Bachelor's degree required,1-2 years of successful administrative experience in a fast paced, professional environment (law firm experience a plus). Strong interpersonal, and written communication skills. Proficiency with MS Office. Attention to detail; ability to prioritize and multi-task. Strong client service orientation. Prior experience working the database; ideally an HR or learning management system. Salary commensurate with experience.