Conflicts Specialist/Researcher – for prominent law firm in Washington, DC. This position is responsible for providing research support; utilizing print and electronic resources, to assisting in determining client conflicts of interest. Duties include: maintaining internal database of information about firm clients and related parties to specific matters (including adverse, co-party, and “other” parties), compiling comprehensive and current reports of client and potential client related entities and business relationships. Candidate will work closely with Accounting Department to ensure database information is comprehensive and accurate, will also assists Conflicts Manager with maintaining trading compliance Watchlist database and assist with Watchlist compliance questions. Position Requirements: Must have at least 1.5 - 2 years of law firm conflicts research experience, Bachelor’s degree, familiarity with automated conflict checking systems as used in a law firm setting, business research skills using online databases, including the Internet, and print sources, strong understanding of the complexities of business interrelationships in a global economic environment, strong interpersonal and writing skills flexibility for OT as required. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator – For prominent law firm in Washington, DC. This position is responsible for managerial providing support to the Director of Diversity & Inclusion regarding firm-wide diversity initiatives such as programming, data management and analysis, and diversity & inclusion industry trends. Some of the duties for this position: Assist in implementing the Diversity Action Plan, and tracking progress and implementation; assist with developing strategies to achieve D&I goals and preparing related reports. Candidate will be responsible for overseeing completion of all client, industry and bar organization diversity and inclusion surveys; collaborating to request, collect, validate and submit all necessary data. This position is also responsible for overseeing departmental expenditures, analyzing reports, and preparing the annual departmental budget with the Director, contributing to implementation of D&I programming, including committee programming, training programs by outside consultants, conferences and affinity group events, working with public relations and marketing departments to increase the reputation and visibility if the firm’s D&I initiatives, assessing best practice materials, articles and benchmarking tools generated and relied upon by Firm committees and Director. Position Requirements: Must have 4-6 years of relevant experience, preferably in professional services or law firm, significant level of and expertise in gender equity and diversity and inclusion initiatives, excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required, cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad: backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability, among others, advanced proficiency with data management, analysis and reporting required, proficiency with databases and MS Office. Salary is commensurate with experience, generous employee benefits offered.
Word Processor/Document Support Specialist – for top tier global law firm with 24/7 document support department. This hours for this position: 3 Day Work Week (Friday 10:00am-11:00pm, Sat. 10:00am-11:00pm, Sun.10:00am-11:00pm). Some of the duties for this position: Create, revise and convert documents such as court filings, agreements, contracts, leases, letters, memoranda, pleadings, etc. using Microsoft Office and other tools such as Workshare Compare, quality review procedures including proofreading ensuring highest quality work in a timely fashion, document tracking and completion estimates on documents submitted to the Help Desk as they are received and update status, scan materials and perform document clean up and formatting, prepare court filings, including e-filings, transcribe tapes and digital audio and video recordings, conduct data entry into various applications and perform mail merges and assist with mass mailings, prepare documents for transmission by regular mail, Federal Express, messenger, air courier, facsimile, or e-mail; arrange for messengers and courier services; and transmit documents via fax and e-mail, provide technical support (via remote control or in-person) to Firm regarding document formatting questions, remain current with technology and actively learn new software and other tools maintaining expert level in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, DocXTools, Excel, and other Firm software, copy/burn CDs, DVDs. Position Requirements: at least 2 years of recent/current experience in a word processing position in a law firm, strong commitment to customer service, strong typing, proofreading, grammar and spelling and technical skills, flexibility to work overtime, including weekends, midnights, on an as-needed basis, familiarity with document scanning. Salary is commensurate with experience; generous employee benefits offered.
Compliance/PAC Manager – For prominent law firm in Washington, DC. Some of the responsibilities for this position:
• Assist with preparing/filing reports under the Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA) and the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA); including quarterly activity reports and semi-annual contribution reports
• Identify vulnerability and risk under lobbying disclosure regulations and report to the Political and lection Law practice group. Provide the same compliance services to firm clients.
• Provide legislative services, such as reporting on Congressional hearings and mark-up proceedings, prepare red-line comparisons of proposed legislation and affected sections of law, compile legislative histories, prepare background materials for witnesses preparing to testify before Congress, prepare briefing materials and Hill staff mailings using Knowlegis.
• Monitor lobbyists’ compliance with the LDA and FARA reporting deadlines, and provide lobbyists with general, routine guidance on lobbying disclosure requirements.
• Coordinate and manage firm PAC, ensuring PAC compliance with campaign finance limits; and consistency with proposed budget targets, and consistency with established ratios between House and Senate and between the parties.
• Maintain PAC records reports required under the Federal Election Campaign Act. Serve as PAC contact for internal and external communications. Coordinate delivery of PAC checks to candidates. Provide the same PAC services to firm clients.
• Manage and coordinate logistics for fundraisers, Congressional events and receptions.
• Research lobbying activities of clients and potential clients and assist in preparation of presentations to potential clients.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years of experience in campaign finance and PAC administration
• Financial management, or fundraising
• Knowledge of election laws
• Public official gift and entertainment rules, and federal lobbying rules
• Strong grasp of the political and legislative process
• Proficiency with MS Office
• Familiarity with Knowlegis and PAC software programs including FECFile preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Conference Room Scheduler - for top tier law firm in DC. Take your hospitality (hotel/airlines/retail/restaurant) experience to the next level! Great opportunity to work in a highly regarded global law firm in their conference services department. This position is responsible for being the "director of first impressions" for the firm and delivering superior customer service to clients and guests. Candidate will answer busy phones and schedule meetings, seminars, lunches and other events in the firm's 80+ conference rooms. Must be tech savvy with proficiency with Word, Excel and prior database experience. Training is provided on firm scheduling software. Ideal candidate can make a two year commitment and is looking for a career in the hospitality/events field. Typing 40+ wpm required. This is a busy spot requiring strong organizational/multi-tasking skills and excellent interpersonal communications skills. **Ideal candidate has 1-2 years of experience in the hospitality industry--hotels or airlines, for example. Prior professional experience in a front desk position or people/service position (waitress, event coordinating etc.) required, law firm experience preferred. The hours for this position are 10:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.