Government Relations Specialist – for prominent law firm in Washington, DC. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of Capitol Hill experience as a scheduler or personal assistant. This position will provide support to a former Congressman. This position is responsible for supporting members of the Government Relations team with administrative tasks. This position will provide support to a former member of Congress with a growing government relations practice. Primary duties will include management of correspondence, coordination of schedules and fundraisers, coordinating meetings, client events, and maintaining billing records and an extensive filing system. Position Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with strong academic credentials (3.0 or higher GPA), 2 + years of Capitol Hill or related experience as a scheduler or personal assistant to congressional staff members, familiarity with Congressional protocol and Committees of the House and Senate, strong interpersonal and written communication skills, strong customer service orientation, discretion and experience managing confidential information, prior success in a fast paced environment, proficiency with MS Office applications, basic accounting experience such as time entry and billing. Salary commensurate with experience.
Compliance/PAC Manager – For prominent law firm in Washington, DC. Some of the responsibilities for this position:
• Assist with preparing/filing reports under the Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA) and the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA); including quarterly activity reports and semi-annual contribution reports
• Identify vulnerability and risk under lobbying disclosure regulations and report to the Political and Election Law practice group. Provide the same compliance services to firm clients.
• Provide legislative services, such as reporting on Congressional hearings and mark-up proceedings, prepare red-line comparisons of proposed legislation and affected sections of law, compile legislative histories, prepare background materials for witnesses preparing to testify before Congress, prepare briefing materials and Hill staff mailings using Knowlegis.
• Monitor lobbyists’ compliance with the LDA and FARA reporting deadlines, and provide lobbyists with general, routine guidance on lobbying disclosure requirements.
• Coordinate and manage firm PAC, ensuring PAC compliance with campaign finance limits; and consistency with proposed budget targets, and consistency with established ratios between House and Senate and between the parties.
• Maintain PAC records reports required under the Federal Election Campaign Act. Serve as PAC contact for internal and external communications. Coordinate delivery of PAC checks to candidates. Provide the same PAC services to firm clients.
• Manage and coordinate logistics for fundraisers, Congressional events and receptions.
• Research lobbying activities of clients and potential clients and assist in preparation of presentations to potential clients.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years of experience in campaign finance and PAC administration
• Financial management, or fundraising
• Knowledge of election laws
• Public official gift and entertainment rules, and federal lobbying rules
• Strong grasp of the political and legislative process
• Proficiency with MS Office
• Familiarity with Knowlegis and PAC software programs including FECFile preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Experienced Legal Secretary – for powerhouse global law firm in Washington, DC. Candidate will work with a team of 10 attorneys and 2 Legal Secretaries. Great firm atmosphere and staff longevity! Ideal candidate has 4+ years of legal secretarial experience. Responsibilities for this position: schedule/coordinate meetings, reserve conference rooms, coordinate A/V equipment etc. for meetings, coordinate attorney travel arrangements, prepare travel itineraries; process travel reimbursements, maintain Outlook calendar, type, proofread correspondence, memos, legal documents, reports in Excel, etc., utilize iManage document management system as central repository for all matter related documents, maintain attorney time in Webview, proofread and submit finalized time to Accounting department. Position Requirements: Prior experience as a legal secretary is required, proficiency with Microsoft Word, strong proofreading, grammar, spelling, typing 50 wpm. Salary commensurate with experience, generous employee benefits package.
Litigation Legal Secretary – for highly regarded friendly boutique law firm in Washington, DC. Ideal candidate is an experienced litigation secretary and will be assigned to various practice groups. Some of the duties for this position: processing case information, e-filings, managing the progression of cases to final disposition, creating electronic files and preparing and processing correspondence, memoranda and complex legal documents. Other responsibilities include preparing correspondence, and other legal documents from drafts, scheduling meetings and travel, opening new matter files, requesting conflict of interest checks, and maintaining client files, processing bills; reviewing and editing bills. Position Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, 5+ years of recent law firm experience, prior experience with filing requirements and daily activities of a litigation practice, strong interpersonal and written communications skills, excellent proofreading skills, proficiency with document management systems, and excel, prior e-filing experience, accurate typing 65 wpm, and flexibility to work overtime when necessary. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Conflicts Specialist/Researcher – for prominent law firm in Washington, DC. This position is responsible for providing research support; utilizing print and electronic resources, to assisting in determining client conflicts of interest. Duties include: maintaining internal database of information about firm clients and related parties to specific matters (including adverse, co-party, and “other” parties), compiling comprehensive and current reports of client and potential client related entities and business relationships. Candidate will work closely with Accounting Department to ensure database information is comprehensive and accurate, will also assists Conflicts Manager with maintaining trading compliance Watchlist database and assist with Watchlist compliance questions. Position Requirements: Must have at least 1.5 - 2 years of law firm conflicts research experience, Bachelor’s degree, familiarity with automated conflict checking systems as used in a law firm setting, business research skills using online databases, including the Internet, and print sources, strong understanding of the complexities of business interrelationships in a global economic environment, strong interpersonal and writing skills flexibility for OT as required. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Conference Room Scheduler - for top tier law firm in DC. Take your hospitality (hotel/airlines/retail/restaurant) experience to the next level! Great opportunity to work in a highly regarded global law firm in their conference services department. This position is responsible for being the "director of first impressions" for the firm and delivering superior customer service to clients and guests. Candidate will answer busy phones and schedule meetings, seminars, lunches and other events in the firm's 80+ conference rooms. Must be tech savvy with proficiency with Word, Excel and prior database experience. Training is provided on firm scheduling software. Ideal candidate can make a two year commitment and is looking for a career in the hospitality/events field. Typing 40+ wpm required. This is a busy spot requiring strong organizational/multi-tasking skills and excellent interpersonal communications skills. **Ideal candidate has 1-2 years of experience in the hospitality industry--hotels or airlines, for example. Prior professional experience in a front desk position or people/service position (waitress, event coordinating etc.) required, law firm experience preferred. The hours for this position are 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Salary 35k.